High End performance comparable to Xeon Servers
ServerU Netmap L-800 is powered by a top of series "Rangeley" processor. With 8 cores CPU, built into a perfectly integrated low energy consumption and low heat dissipation appliance, the system offers performance rates similar to a Xeon server with the same processing clock while using half the energy and half heating rates.
When compared to Xeon L5520, this CPU class powreing Netmap L-800 shows superior performance on almost all benchmarks published by specialized magazines and websites.
Here you can see the testing results published by ServeTheHome:
- Embedded Appliance System, specially designed for advanced routing, firewalling and IDS/IPS protection with expansions capability to act as a general purpose gateway and controlling border including high disk performance I/O. Perfect for BGP and OSPF routing, Firewall, IDS/IPS, Anti-DDoS, Next Generation Firewall and WAF (Web Application Firewall). Made for big and medium-big business and mission-critical enterprise needs.
- Processor: 2.4Ghz 8 core processor (Octa Core) on logical board 4MB cache; AES-NI support for crypto offloading;
- Console: full I/O supported from 10 pins RJ-45 RS232 console;
- Memory: 2 slots 240P DDR3 DIMM, up to 16GB RAM (powered by 1x4GB default);
- Chassis: 1U Rack Mount, with rack mount kit;
- Chassis Front: 4-keys Keypad & 2 independent lines LCM display (both are fully programmable/scriptable); 6x RJ45 LAN ports; 2xUSB 2.0 ports; 1x RJ45 S232 console port; power, disk and info led indicators; front expansion bay for ethernet optical (fibre) and electric (copper) expansions (see expansion ref sheet);
- Chassis Rear: 2 chassis cooling fans; power input; power supply; power/reset buttom; PCIe Half-Length Low-Profile expansion slot;
- LCM display: is BSD (and Linux) friendly: echo your text straight to device driver;
- Power Source: 110v/220Vac default; 48Vdc optional; 72Vdc optional; 36Vdc optional;
- Included Storage: 1x32GB SSD (Solid State Drive) on SATA3 controller;
- Virtualization: VT-x supported;
Network Interfaces Specs
- Device driver igb(4): Intel i210AT chipset on ports 0 and 1; Intel 88E1543 on ports 2-5;
- 6x Intel Gigabit ports, RJ45, 10/100/1000Mbit/s auto-select;
- MSI-X Interrupts; Adaptative Interrupt (no device polling required);
- TSO, LRO and Jumbo Frames supported;
- 10baseT/UTP, 100baseTX, 1000baseSX, 1000baseTX, full-duplex, half-duplex operation mode;
- IEEE 802.1q (vlan tagging); IEEE 802.1Q-in-Q;
- WOL (Wake on Lan); Link Aggregation (trunking, lagging);
- PXE boot (port 4);
- 5 vectors MSI-X interrupts (minimum) on ports 0 and 1;
- 9 vectors MSI-X interrupts (minimum) on ports 2, 3, 4 and 5;
- Per port RX/TX independent queues (multi-threaded, CPU Affinity ready);
- Netmap (BSD) capable, ready, tested and recommended;
- PF_RING (Linux) capable, ready and tested;
- Intel DPDK capable, ready and tested;
- Bypass: 3rd generation Intel WDT supported trigger on 3 bypass segments (6 NICs, 3 pairs), for Fail Open mission-critical usage;
- Perfect Choice for Bastion Host (in-kernel triggered WDT bypass for fail-open or power-down bypass);
DATASHEETS & REFERENCES
A general short overview of ServerU Netmap L-800, including expansion options
This datasheet for ServerU Netmap L-800 is a complete quick reference.
10 Hints on selecting a networking server vendor and equipment for BSD & Linux.
For more detailed information, check our executive datasheet and other documents.